Easy As Quick Hot Cross Buns Mix 323.5g
The Justine's hot cross bun mix is versatile, you can make buns with no fruits or add the optional fruits of your choice & create your super low carb protein-packed hot cross bun. Perhaps you want a chocolate version too? Try adding some keto choc chips into your mix to give you that chocolate festive spice taste.
Macros Per Serving
●Protein: 17.1 g
●Fat: 8.5 g
●Fibre: 3.8 g
●Sugars 1.4 g
Wheat Protein, Sweetener (Erythritol), Flaxseed, Spices, Psyllium Husk, Sea Salt. Contains Wheat,Gluten, Flaxseeds.
Excess Consumption May Have a Laxative Effect
Storage: To Be Stored in A Cool Dry Place Out of Direct Sunlight
What you will need
- 240ml Warm Water ( 100ml of boiling and 140ml of cold is perfect )
- 7g Fast Acting Dried Yeast
- 2 Large Eggs
- 30g Olive Oil
- 15g Orange Zest, Finely Grated
- 50g Dried Pams Golden Berries - You Can Chop Into Smaller Pieces For Even Distribution In Buns
- 323.50g Justine's Keto Hot Cross Bun Mix
- Optional For Piped Crosses: Justine's Keto White Chocolate melted with a touch of Coconut Oil
- Add to your electric mixing bowl, 100ml of boiling water and 140ml of cold water (approx. 45 - 50C) & give it a quick mix with a spoon, so that there are no hot pockets of water.
- Add to this, your eggs, olive oil & yeast, and orange zest & give it a quick whisk.
- Add in Justine’s Keto Hot Cross Bun Mix & chopped golden berries & mix with the standard hook for 10 seconds, then switch to the dough hook and mix for approx. 5 minutes.
- Divide into 10 rolls of approx. 75 g raw weight. Roll each portion with the palm of your hand into a ball on a bench top and then gently tuck any loose ends & loose fruit pieces that might come out underneath to create a smooth top.
- Put each rolled portion on a greaseproof lined tray & prove in a warm place for 25 mins up to 40 mins
- Preheat the oven & bake at 190 degrees for 27 mins
- Serve & enjoy!
Storage. Store Rolls in an airtight container or resealable bag. Will keep for 5 days.
Freeze: Freeze baked rolls for up to 3 months. Defrost and heat in the oven and serve.