I love this tangy lemon garlic chicken dish, with just enough of a kick from the ground chilli it is a perfect dish served all year round to all members of the family- (just watch the chilli with the kids!) The creamy sauce is perfectly paired with konjac rice, cauli rice or even zoodles! I use the garlic ghee so I don't need to use as much garlic in the recipe but you can use a garlic oil or regualr oil and add more garlic if you do not have it.
Super simple it takes about 20 mins to prepare and cook! A great weeknight meal when you are short on time
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1C Now foods chicken broth
- 2T lemon juice
- 1T minced garlic
- 1/4– 1/2 t ground chilli
- 1/3 C finely diced red onion
- 1T Milkio garlic ghee- available here
- 2T butter
- 1/4C cream
- Parsley for garnish
- Using a mallet, pound down the chicken so it is equal thickness all the way through. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken
- In a large bowl combine broth, lemon juice, garlic and chilli flakes
- Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees.
- Heat the ghee or oil in an large oven safe skillet and brown chicken on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Don’t worry if its not cooked all the way through you will finish it in the oven. Remove chicken and pop it on a plate
- Lower the flame to medium and add the red onion along with the stock mixture. Scrape the bottom of the pan so all the browned bits are removed. Let the sauce reduce till there is about 1/3 of the sauce remains.
- When the sauce has thickened remove it from the flame and whisk the butter in, add the cream. Place the skillet back on the heat but do not let it boil (about 30 seconds). Remove from heat
- Put the chicken back in the skillet and spoon the sauce over
- Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through
- Top with parsley and serve with konjac rice/ cauli rice and extra lemon slices