I’m not going to lie, I was very close to giving up on this recipe, I just couldn’t get the stability right and I even wondered if I should share it but I have had so many of you ask for it I will give you all the tips and warnings I can!
100g Golden Lakanto- Note I haven’t tried it with other sweeteners so I cannot comment on how it will turn out You can buy this here
1 TBSP Brandy (or Brandy essence)
½ tsp Ground ginger
100g Almond flour (the finer the better) You can buy this here
½ tsp Xanthan Gum You can buy that here
40ml Nothing naughty caramel fibre syrup You can buy that here
- Melt sweetener and butter in a pan until sweetener is dissolved.
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees
- Add almond flour, ginger, xanthan gum, brandy and fibre syrup and combine with a spatula
- Leave to cool for about 5 minutes
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Using a cookie scoop or teaspoon add 2 scoops to the sheet- they spread a lot so I advise only doing 2 at a time (this recipe should give you 8-9 baskets depending on size)
- Cook for 5/8 minutes, The edges will get slightly burnt as you need to give the middle time to cook and bubble
- Remove from oven and take off the tray to cool for about 8 minutes
- Mould over a glass or into a muffin tin or ramekin- I found this very tricky as the almond meal and gravity do not mix well and I was getting cracks and rips all over the show. You must be gentle here I found quite a wide glass was good so my baskets are shallow but there was no gravity pulling the sides down so this ws the best result.
- If they all do rip they still taste delicious and you can use brandy shards in many desserts. Or just eat them, I know we did!
- Leave to cook completely and store in an airtight container. Do not store in the fridge as they will go soft.
- Top with whipped cream, fresh berries, or Keto crack- recipe for that coming soon!