Delicious Keto Caramel Slice
There are tons of keto caramel slices out there but I promise you, you need to try this one! A lightly toasted almond flour base, with a thick layer of rich caramel which you wouldn't know was sugar free with a layer of chocolate and MCT oil powder to give just enough of a chocolate kick!
- 1.5C Now foods almond flour- availabe here
- 4 TBSP SweetNZ not icing sugar- available here
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 TBSP Melted butter
- 280g Un-salted butter
- 1C Thickened cream
- 6TBSP SweetNZ golden sugar- available here
- 3-8 drops SweetNZ Caramel stevia- available here
- 1 block Lindt 90%
- 1 scoop Locako Vanilla creamer- available here
- 2TBSP coconut oil
To prepare the base:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a 20x20 baking tin with baking paper
- If you have time I find it beneficial to toast your almond flour for a few minutes on the stove until fragrant, it adds great flavour
- Add flour, baking powder and sweetener into a bowl. Add butter 1 tablespoon at a time until just combined (you may not need all the butter)
- Once combined press into your baking pan and put in your pre heated oven for 15 mins or until the edges start turning a golden colour
- Let cool
- Melt and brown butter in a large surfaced pan. Your butter needs to reach this stage, the darker you get the colour without burning it, the richer it will taste be patient and keep the element low otherwise it will burn and you'll need to start again
- Add 1C thickened cream and whisk. Add your sweeteners to your liking
- Let the caramel bubble away, it will thicken, but it can take time so every few minutes give it a stir but let it do its thing!
- Pour caramel over the base and put it in the fridge to set for 2– 4 hours
- Break up chocolate bar and put it in a microwave bowl.
- Add 1 scoop of Locako vanilla creamer and coconut oil
- Microwave in 20 second increments until melted.
- Pour over set caramel and return to fridge until set.
- Keep refrigerated