Passionfruit Crème Mousse
This is the perfect crowd-pleasing dessert. It can be scaled up or down depending on the size of your party and is so simple to make. It is much simpler than it tastes as well
Make sure you are using unsweetened passionfruit pulp if you are buying it frozen (as passionfruit is expensive even at the best of times!) Fruzio is the range I use.
This mousse is a great little crème pot size I love to serve it in shot glasses or champagne flutes (which I have neither hence the photos being in sundae glasses!)
1/4C Cold Water
2 tsp Gelatin
2 Egg Yolks
1/4C Keto Sweetener of your choice or a little less if you want a slightly tart mousse- I used the nothing naughty- Found here
- Add the gelatin to the 1/4C cold water and allow to bloom
- In a clean bowl whisk cream until soft peaks form that hold their shape. It will take about 5 minutes
- Place the passionfruit and lime in a medium sized bowl
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl over a pot with simmering water (bain maree) and whip until thick and fluffy. Set aside
- Place the bowl with the bloomed gelatin over the bain maree and heat until melted. Add the passionfruit puree
- Add the passion mixture to the egg mixture. Temper the mixture with a little whipped cream and while whipping add the tempered passion mixture to the whipped cream
- Place into vessels of choice and pop in the fridge to set
- Top with passionfruit and lime zest when ready to serve.