As a girl my mum would make scones every Sunday for lunch.
These scones bring all my childhood memories back to life and you wouldn't know they were keto! You can add 1 cup of ham or bacon to them for added flavour or leave them vegetarian as per the recipe. The best thing about these scones is that they are light enough to double as a ‘bun’ - great to put a beef patty in between or use as a sub garlic bread!
- 2C Lotus Almond flour- available here
- 1T Baking powder
- 2C cheese (I use a mix of tasty and Colby)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C milk substitute of choice
- 1t salt
- 1t mixed herbs
- 1/2t onion powder
- 1t garlic powder
- Pre heat the over to 180 degrees
- Mix almond meal, baking powder, cheese, salt, onion powder and garlic powder together and create a well in the middle
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and milk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients together and mix to combine.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet or into muffin trays if you want them to look a bit neater.
- Cook on the middle rack for 20 minutes
- Allow to cool on an airing rack, store in a air tight container for up to four days (but I promise they wont last that long!)