This has to be the ultimate mousse pie! I love the combination of caramel, peanuts and chocolate. This recipes combines all three into a sweet, velvet mousse pie– much like the consistency of a Burger King Hersheys Chocolate pie! But this is sugar free so its almost good for you right?
While the recipe is a little time heavy having to wait for things to set I promise it is worth it! Let me know what you think of it!
- 1.5C Lotus almond flour - available here
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4TBSP SweetNZ not icing sugar- available here
- 4 TBSP Cocoa
- 6 TBSP Melted butter
Caramel Chocolate mousse layer:
- 2 Tubs Thickened cream
- 6 TBSP cocoa
- 4 TBSP SweetNZ not icing sugar- available here
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 TBSP (or more for a more intense flavour) ‘caramel’ recipe found here or use a sugar free store bought one + 2 tsp for drizzle
- 1C Cream
- 1/3 C Small Batch peanut butter
- 2 TBSP SweetNZ not icing sugar- available here
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 square Lindt 90% chocolate (melted for drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease your springform cake pan
- Combine almond meal, baking powder, sweetener and cacao in a bowl and mix
- Add butter 1 tablespoon at a time until it is just combined.
- Press your mixture into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Chocolate Caramel Mousse:
- Add cream, vanilla, cocoa and sweetener and mix with a hand mixer until combined and soft peaks form
- Add caramel and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Layer onto cooled pie crust
- Cover with glad wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight
Peanut Filling Layer:
- Combine cream, vanilla and sweetener and mix with a hand on high until soft peaks form
- Add peanut butter and continue to mix until combined
- Remove glad wrap from chocolate layer and spoon the peanut filling on top
- Set in fridge for a minimum of 3 hours
Release the springform pan and place on serving dish
Use any excess peanut butter and caramel sauce for drizzling over the top.
Melt 1 square of lindt 90% chocolate and drizzle over top.