There is nothing better than a fluffy, sweet marshmallow! I love them in hot chocolates, in rocky roads and I love a mellowpuff! But a traditional marshmallow is full of sugar and the sugar free ones in the supermarket are full of maltitol which can cause a very upset tummy! This recipe contains no nasties and are zero carb!
Once I had this recipe down the possibilities were endless! They taste great and are super easy (and fun) to make. My kids loved choosing the flavours and watching the liquid expand and turn to fluff.
These sugar free mashmallowsa will collapse with any heat so you need to be careful in outher recipes if you are adding them to a hot mix.
3/4C Cold water
1/4C Hot water
Any flavouring you want (We used vanilla andrespberry but have used passionfruit in the past and it's amazing!)
1. Place the cold water and sweetener in a saucepan. Gently heat until the sweetener dissolves and the water is warm. Do not boil. (You may want to add more or less sweetener to suit your taste)
2. Add the hot water to a jug and sprinkle the gelatine into it. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
3. Add the gelatine mix to the sweetened water and mix weel. Allow to cool.
4. If you are making multiple flavous seperate the mixture into bowl and add your flavour
5. Using a hand mixer whisk together the mixture until it is light and fluffy- almost spongy. I find about 10 minutes gove or take.
6. Pour into a lined dish and allow to set in the fridge.
7. When set, cut with a knife dipped in warm water to stop it sticking to the marshmallow.
8. Keep stored in an air tight container in the fridge.