Keto Hedgehog Slice
200g keto cookies- make your favourite recipe or use something like Justine’s or Skyebird
1/4c sugar reduced cranberries- you could also use walnuts, pili nuts or omit
1/2c desiccated coconut
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
150g dark chocolate
200g keto condensed milk
2 bars @vitawerx milk chocolate
1Tbsp coconut oil
1st step make your condensed milk
- if you have a thermomix I just use a standard condensed milk recipe and use a 1/2 allulose 1/2 purecane mix (could also use monkfruit) instead of raw sugar
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/4C Purecane- you can use allulose if you don't have purecane
- Use a large pan and melt butter over a medium heat
- Add cream and sweetener, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 30-45 mins u til mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge
- Line a 20x20 baking tray with baking paper
- Break up biscuits by hand so there are both pieces and crumbs and place in a large glass bowl. Add in the cranberries/ walnuts and coconut.
- Add the butter, cocoa, sweetened condensed milk and dark chocolate to a medium saucepan over low heat. Melt together while gently stirring until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Pour into the pan, press down firm, and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt Vitawerx chocolate and coconut oil in microwave or stovetop
- Pour chocolate over the slice and return to fridge to set for 2 hours
- When firm cut into squares.
- Store in fridge